• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Main Seal Reference

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys,

Working on my tranny and probably into a clutch replacement. Looking at the mess in the bell housing.. probably a main seal too.:-(

Anyway, the M36 is a gasser with an OA331, can anyone point me to the right TM for this procedure? Is the gasser main seal the same as the multifuel? Any tricks I should know, I do NOT want to pull this motor....too big.

Thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried the TM section? I know there is one or two there for the M211, dunno 'bout the gasser M35. It might be labled G742 series trucks.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:-DYes, lotsa good stuff & TMs in the ref section, was hopin' someone could point me to the best one... I get a little confused when I look at those pages and pages of manuals. I know there's a system and all those numbers mean sumpthin?... gassers seem to be harder to find good info on as well... thanks.:razz:

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Data plate is missing - found a seal at OD Iron, specifically called out to OA331, not cheap though $38:cry:! Guess I shouldn't complain beit lucky to find something this odd.