• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Motor Mounts

Chief2810

I recently acquired an 1952 M37 CDN for fire department brush truck (it has personal history to me so glad to get it)

While working on the brake system yesterday, we were laying under it and noticed that the rear motor mounts are shot. The engine has shifted and just about has the u-joint hitting the floor pan, so we aren't driving it anywhere even after we fix the brakes.....

So I look through the Vintage Power Wagon parts catalog online and see about 4 different parts listed for the Rear Engine mounts for the F type truck. Can anyone help identify what exactly is needed to put the motor back in place properly? Even a picture of the motor mount not blown out would help a bunch.

I appreciate any and all help with this matter.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just call Vintage Power Wagon and ask them. They have been doing Dodge trucks for a long time.

Elwood1968

Take a look at Fig. 90 on page 177 of TM9-8030 (May 1955). There's an exploded view of the pieces that make up the rear engine mount (which is actually a bell housing mount, as the engine is only directly supported at the front).