• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear mud guards for front tires?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen in some pictures that there are rear mud guards for the front tires. Mine does not have them, but I would like some. Are they only on certain models, or have most just been removed?

Like this (between front tire and battery box)...
LMTVwMudGuards.jpg

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys see what I'm talking about, right? The green arrow points to a mud guard, that is not part of the hydraulic reservoir for winch models either. The red arrow points to a truck, like mine, that doesn't have the mud guard, and even happens to show all the mud that gets slung on the battery box. I've seen the LMTVs with the mud guards many times in pictures.
LMTVMudGuards.jpg

coachgeo

Sheet metal or similar fabricator kinda fellow can probably make you up one for 100th of the cost of one from a surplus resale place.. cept maybe Will (suprman)

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sheet metal or similar fabricator kinda fellow can probably make you up one for 100th of the cost of one from a surplus resale place.. cept maybe Will (suprman)
True. I was also eyeballing the rear metal mud guards, and wondering if there would be an easy way to make brackets to mount a set on the front wheels. I'm sure those would be cheap, since anyone parting out a truck probably has a set they're dying to get rid of.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There isnt one on the passenger side. Cant have much there the winch cable runs along the frame out a few inches. Thats why the fuel tank has a notch at the back bottom.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've often wondered why the tank was shaped like that, thanks!
Pointman
I don't know, I've never seen pictures of the other side. My intial thought was that it would basically be the same thing on both sides, just with any changes necessary to fit the appropriate mounting locations. Now you have me wondering too...

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to look more into this part. I've noticed the bracket higher up and wondered in the past if 'something' was supposed to go there.
After off-roading, I get a sh#t ton of mud up in there and its tough to get out of the battery box and air tank area..

Pointman

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to look more into this part. I've noticed the bracket higher up and wondered in the past if 'something' was supposed to go there.
After off-roading, I get a sh#t ton of mud up in there and its tough to get out of the battery box and air tank area..
Pointman
Yep, same here, which is why when the pictures with the mud guards caught my attention, I wanted to know more about them. I'm going to be swapping the engine in my M1078 soon, but after that I may design up some guards that bolt on and see what they would cost to get made. It might be worth just having them professionally made, if we can get the cost down because several of us bought them.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love to see what the part number is for the turbo on the 290HP engine...
Pointman
I can tell you once I get it. However, it may be the same as the 225HP model. I know some people said the engine has several different internal parts (e.g. injectors), but I don't remember if they said it had a different turbo or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks