• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear passenger bed cover seals?

joe.patton

I recently purchased a M1097r1 2 seater stake side. I have the rear passenger seat hole cover plates but the rubber seals are missing. Unobtainable? Please let me know if you know where I can purchase the seals. I need both of them. Thank you !

royg

I recently purchased a M1097r1 2 seater stake side. I have the rear passenger seat hole cover plates but the rubber seals are missing. Unobtainable? Please let me know if you know where I can purchase the seals. I need both of them. Thank you !
I don't know the part number or if they are obtainable but I've owned a couple of trucks with those door filler panels and the seals were nothing at all special- just a strip foam with adhesive on one side. I would expect is more of a bulk product that comes in a roll vs. a special purpose seal worth stocking by anyone. You can find similar at home depot in their weather stripping or certainly amazon has infinite sizes/varieties.

If I'm misinterpreting what you're after, give us a picture.

Guyfang

Staff member
Can you find them in a TM? Part number for the seal? The reason I ask, and I am not a truck guy, but I seem to have read someplace here in the forum, that the M1097R1 is simply an upgraded M998. If so, perhaps you can find the parts there in the M998 book and we can try and find the manufacturer/Supplier.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of those "fixed" half doors on one of my M998s and the seals are just as royg described, a rubber seal 5/8" wide and would have likely been 3/4" tall before being compressed with a self adhesive strip, I think 3/4X3/4 would work also.

joe.patton

I have a set of those "fixed" half doors on one of my M998s and the seals are just as royg described, a rubber seal 5/8" wide and would have likely been 3/4" tall before being compressed with a self adhesive strip, I think 3/4X3/4 would work also.
Yeah, I remembered them as being a double channeled seal . One side of the channel fits around the entire truck bed floor plate and has the rear passenger seat back bolted to the underside. So it’s a seat back when it’s in the 4 man configuration, and doubles as a floor bed while truck is in2 man configuration. The seal keeps the hole in the rear passenger footwell somewhat waterproof. Good idea to check Home Depot . I will add some photos and look up the part # as you suggested. Thank you!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I remembered them as being a double channeled seal . One side of the channel fits around the entire truck bed floor plate and has the rear passenger seat back bolted to the underside. So it’s a seat back when it’s in the 4 man configuration, and doubles as a floor bed while truck is in2 man configuration. The seal keeps the hole in the rear passenger footwell somewhat waterproof. Good idea to check Home Depot . I will add some photos and look up the part # as you suggested. Thank you!
Oh, my bad, I thought he was talking about the half doors, I have never seen seals on the seat backs :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks