• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Pinion Seal Adapter

mix4coal

I am in the process of replacing the rear pinion seal. My work has offered to make an adapter so I can use a rubber seal and not the leather one. Does anyone know the diameter of the rear seal housing so i can have them make the adapter for it. My calipers are not deep enough to measure it because the shaft is in the way. If anyone can help, that would be great. Trying to get this done before Labor Day! Thanks

mix4coal

Thanks Jrod. My work measured the seal I removed at 4.015". They wanted to know the size of the housing so they can machine the carrier to fit. The stamped seal will give when installed but the solid machined carrier wont. The little calipers I was using aren't big enough to reach around the shaft so I got reading from 3.85" to 4.2". Cant trust those measurements. The inner seal isn't a issue. They will machine the inner to fit the seal I gave them. Do you think I should have them machine the carrier to 4" or a hair over?