• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear power in m1009?

jgleasonraptor350

I had a few questions on the rear power hookup in my m1009 and figured a few of you more experienced CUCV owners could help. There may be a thread on this already but I did not see one

First question, and I'm just thinking out loud here but would it be possible to cut and wire up an extension cord or an electrical outlet to the rear power source? I want to use it as a normal wall outlet but have no idea if it would work :confused:

Second, how much power comes out of this? Dont want to fry anything if this is even possible. Just finished getting my M1009 running and I'm somewhat new to the electrical system on my vehicle so bear with me.

Any input is appreciated!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your original question leaves a lot to be assumed. What do you want to use power for?

In a stock M1009 system, the rear buss bar is wired to the 24v buss on the firewall. It can supply all the power you might want until the batteries go dead.

If you want an 110v outlet, buy a 24v to 110v power inverter as mentioned above.