• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Seat and generator questions...

Hoxman

Help once again!!

Two things;
(1) I am looking to put AC in the vehicle. Do we need both alternators or can I get rid of the passenger side one? If I do, will I need to upgrade the alternator to a different one?
(2) I ordered 2 new corbeau seats for the front, and want a bench seat that is better than the standard, but still folds up like the stock option.... To refoam and replace the covers, it will run about 600 bucks.... Are there other options for seats that still work like the originals aftermarket wise????

Thank you!!
-Hox:lol:

epartsman

Help once again!!

Two things;
(1) I am looking to put AC in the vehicle. Do we need both alternators or can I get rid of the passenger side one? If I do, will I need to upgrade the alternator to a different one?
(2) I ordered 2 new corbeau seats for the front, and want a bench seat that is better than the standard, but still folds up like the stock option.... To refoam and replace the covers, it will run about 600 bucks.... Are there other options for seats that still work like the originals aftermarket wise????

Thank you!!
-Hox:lol:
Suburban thru 98 3rd row seats work. Vintage Air makes a kit where you can use both alternators. Search the threads. If you eliminate 1 alternator you will need to do the Rosecommon 12V conversion but that will leave you pretty much by yourself in diagnosing electrical issues and you will have to replace the starter with a 12V unit.

Hoxman

I called vintage air today and they told me I had to convert to a 12V system, that they didn't have anything to work on a 24V system for the truck... :(

I sent an email as well... Maybe someone else there will get it and have a better answer...

epartsman

I called vintage air today and they told me I had to convert to a 12V system, that they didn't have anything to work on a 24V system for the truck... :(

I sent an email as well... Maybe someone else there will get it and have a better answer...
Search the older postings you will find what you need if not I have the e-mail addy of someone in S Florida that did theirs. Yes you will need to get power from the 12V bus, You will need the K30 Work truck kit, and the bracket kit. The p/n for the bracket kit to maintain both alts and 24V is listed in another post here on SS. Search first before I give out a buddies personal info. You will find it.

epartsman

Get in touch with timdeejackson here on SS.

I made a mistake sorry it was Nostalgic Air not Vintage.

Complete AC Kits for Classic Cars, Jeeps & MGB

I quote Tim :
"Nostalgic air had no kit ready for install. I had to get one of their generic in dash kits and under hood hoses, compressor etc. The bracket kit that comes to add the compressor to keep the 2 alt system is decent- directions are a joke. The vents do not utilize any stock appearance. When I ordered my kit they said the company they get their pre made kit for our trucks wasn't shipping currently. Basically I got a generic kit and made it work. I took my time so it came out well, but if a pre made kit would make your life easier in any way wait until janurary." That was Jan this year.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

epartsman

Yes the kit uses 134A. It is effective however in Florida the lack of insulation and tint on the glass deminishes it. Nostalgic Air from my last conversation should have a vehicle specific kit now available that gives it more of a stock look in the dash but you will need to contact them to verify. To get the full effect I suggest insulating your vehicle and tinting the windows. Sorry for the upside down and sideways pics something in the upload reorients them.

andytk5

Your right, Just got an email back from NAP, they will have the evap box in a few weeks according to them. Cool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks