• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear seatbelt install problem

riderdan

I did wind up having to grind off the bolt head. Since that fat washer was on there, I managed not to scuff the paint on the tunnel. The rivnut fell right out onto the floor--it was rusty and probably could not have been tightened.

I managed to get another 7/16 bolt through the hole from underneath--I just tied it to a string and pulled it through. There's a big washer under there too. Then I pulled on a nut on the end of the bolt while I tightened another down to get it snugged up. A little blue locktite should keep it tight. The washer on the inside of the buckle loop is now held by a nylock nut. The whole thing is tight and with a grade 8 bolt and 1-1/2 washers seems pretty secure.

All's well that ends well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks