• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear stabilizer bar bushings

Duckworthe

Ok, just figured that I would share what I did to replace my worn out swawbar rubber bushings,(item 8 in the drawings). NOTE: Now please understand that this is just how I handled the problem/fix. By no means is it the right way or wrong way. Also understand that nine is a highly used RV and I am far from a purist and don't care that it isn't the "correct" part number. After saying that.... breath..... After finding that new ones are hard to find, except through the manufacture, and they are $95 each plus shipping I decided to find my own or make my own. Most if the items on these trucks are not purpose built just for these trucks. Well, I couldn't find the bushing right out of the catalog that I had on hand, but what I did find is the bushing from Premier , item 348A. It comes in either black or orange. Also, it is poly not rubber so it will last a looong time with no rot, but maybe a little squeaking at times as poly has a tendency to do that. This bushing has the correct interior diameter but requires the outer groove to be turned into it. So off to my buddies lathe to turn them down. It took about 20 min to do the first one as I didn't have much of the old one to use for measuring off of. In the end I only paid $43.00 for both bushings and it is going to be just what I needed, Money saved and truck on the road for the coming weekend to the mountains or desert. I tried to attach pics but the site is just not letting them attach the past few days, sorry.
Eric

1951M1078

What about drilling a hole in the "U" bracket and then a hole in the bushing and installing a zerk fitting ? Maybe from the rear side ?

Duckworthe

I have done that in the past on my street trucks that get annoying to listen to. However I doubt that I will ever hear these way back there over this engine. HAHAHA

Toyking

Could you please post the "original" Bushing Part Number???

Thanks in advance :)

I found it in the TM.. thanks though :)

btw stock "mount resilient" p/n 25952-1

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks