• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear steering

mudguppy

My dad has 2 new steering cylinders off of a oshkosh truck (new) would work well with the heavy rear axle. I will be using one on my bobber and he may sell the other if interested.
note that using a single-ended ram will result in different steering rates from one direction to another. not a big issue for rear steer (if ever really noticed) but could be an issue for front steer.

jesusgatos

The mechanical linkage steering thing is an urban myth. Someone posted a $500 bounty on Pirate4x4 a few years ago, offered to anyone that could cite where fully hydraulic steering is illegal, or that a mechanical linkage between the steering wheel and the front wheels is required. If you think about it, a hydraulic failure is no more or less likely than a mechanical failure. I wouldn't hesitate to build and drive a vehicle with fully hydraulic hydraulic steering. I've actually been thinking that I might go full-hydro on my Deuce instead of trying to adapt some other type of power steering off a 5-ton or whatever. None of this is really related to rear-steer, except to say that I don't see what the problem would be.

tm america

the difference is when you have something going out mechanicaly you ussually feel something is funny .it gets worse you hear noises and say to yourself i should check that out with full hydro everything feels great till you hav no steering at all.i have full hydro steering on my tractor all new hoses no leaks had a hose fail lost all steering with no warning at all.tell me the last time you seen a mechanical steering set up fail totally without some sign there was a problem.e.i noise -excessive play wheel hop something .it doesnmt happen much .plus it takes alot less to break a hose than to break a pitman arm a small stick could stretch a hose .showing no sign of damage. but any tearing of the wires could make it have a failure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks