• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Tail Light Assembly and Bucket

Blackfox

Hello Gents

It's been a while since I've been to the forum. My HMMWV is due for a minor restoration. I recently bought a new pair of rear tail light assembly and a pair of buckets too. However, when I dropped the tail light into the bucket I can't get the last inch to go in. I thought these light and buckets are universal. Are there different size rear tail light buckets? Did I get the wrong size or should I grease it a little and just push in the last inch?

Info on the light.

6220-01-372-3883
Cage 0WLD2
PN 12375837

W56HZV-07-D-0251-WU01
M10-09/11

I bought the buckets as is at a military vehicle show. No bag with label and no markings on the bucket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fleebay has sellers that sell Chinese made buckets.....usally no part number molded in.
Garbage.....all lights won't fit.
Going to have to get real ones from Rep dealer.

Blackfox

Thanks for the info. It looks like I got a Chinese knock off. Pisser! Can you recommend a dealer or dealers?

Also, by your comment, I assume that real ones have some type of markings stamped on them?

Thanks

Last edited:

ryanruck

Thanks for the info. It looks like I got a Chinese knock off. Pisser! Can you recommend a dealer or dealers?

Also, by your comment, I assume that real ones have some type of markings stamped on them?

Thanks
Exactly what 86humv said. Got bit myself on that same thing. :neutral:

If I recall correctly, MacMotors had the best price on them and that's where I got mine. They actually sell on eBay too.

The part number will be molded into the back.

NormB

Fleebay has sellers that sell Chinese made buckets.....usally no part number molded in.
Garbage.....all lights won't fit.
Going to have to get real ones from Rep dealer.

Not going to name names, but there’s a guy on epay who sells under a name very much like the common name for “Canis lupus” who sells a lot of Chinese crap. I got stuck buying some. Many hours of filing, fitting later, the parts worked after a fashion. He sells it all - generators, starters - all made in some slave labor Lao Gai (look this up, it’s frightful) in Xiandong province somewhere and, while close, they’re NOT MILSPEC hardware.

Example:
[FONT=&quot]
PIVOT ASY , WINDSHIELD WIPER ; M998 Humvee ; 12340660
[/FONT]
2540-01-422-02[FONT=&quot]53 5585157 is listed
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
as “mfd in USA”.
[/FONT]

Parts I got weren’t, but I was naive enough I didn’t notice until I started trimming/filing and noticed “Hey, no date/mfr markings.”

Don’t be fooled again.

NB

gcbennet

The tail light assy's are standard M-series and used on many types. The buckets are a relatively snug fit and have only two holes in the back for the mounting bolts to pass through. Very simple and unimpressive design, really. Don't forget the steel shunt and ground wire when installing the two mounting bolts through the wheel well.