• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear wheel lock up while braking

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it has to be from the rear rubber line, back. Odds of it being hydraulic are low on the list. Flap valves from fractured hoses and crushed lines are more prone to cause release issues. Were it my truck I would either follow the suggestion of swapping stuff side to side or if I were in a pinch for time, I would replace shoes and hardware. If all primary and secondary shoes are oriented correctly then it just about has to be linings hdwe.

86M10086.2L

Now that I have my truck on the road again I wanted to post my solution to close out this problem. The culprit here appeared to be contaminated brake shoes. After replacing a set of frozen u-joints on my front axle shafts and replacing the damaged manual hubs from said earlier seized u-joints. I decided to install a new set of rear brake shoes on the truck while I had it on the lift. I would have never guessed it. As in the past I've had dirty shoes that I've soaked and cleaned without issue. But after a few hundred miles the brakes continue to function properly. So I guess that's it.

rustystud

Shoes that get contaminated never really come clean. When they get hot the oils and or brake fluid comes out and causes the problems all over again. Unless the problem just started and you caught it in time, always replace the brake shoes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks