• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear window broken?

rfischba1

I noticed the handle broken on a blazer I just picked up,rear window cranks, but will not move??
Any suggestions, also the rear tailgate has a crack in it.
What to do?
Are these tail gate expensive from a parts truck?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you can find a decent tailgate at a junk yard it should be fairly inexpensive but good luck finding a decent one. Most of them have the same touble, rust in the bottom center. Hand crank is best to buy a new one imho. I did the pick, pull, and reuse from junk and went through 3 real quick. Fixing the hand crank is very easy and is novice type work. There is a large sheet metal plate on the inside of the tailgate that is held in place by screws. Pull it off and the guts are right there in front of you.

Download the TM -20 manual and -34 manual from the resources section and it gives you a step by step.

Face it, I redid my guts on my tailgate and I failed to even come close to graduating from the School of the Mechanically DEclined. :lol: So if I can do it, anyone can do it.

AJMBLAZER

You can get whole tailgate skins for not a whole lot (couple hundred) that eliminate the whole rust issue. Well, you still have to get them repainted properly and tranfer your guts into them but a lot of the junkyard gates are in the same or worse condition as yours.

Last I knew LMC Truck had all the goodies you'd need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks