• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear window crank parts???

NICK_M1009

Hey all,
Can someone tell me where I can find a rear window part? I took my access panel off the tailgate and took the handle off the back and found a broken aluminum peice that goes on the handle. It makes the window go up and down, it has to ears that stick out to turn the gears for the window. Its round and has a slot so you can engage it by locking and unlocking it with your key.

I dont know the name of the part but its made of cheap aluminum like those diecast cars we used to play with when we were kids.:smile:

I called the chevy dealer and they said they dont sell them anymore. Same with autozone, murrys and so on. I would go to the junk yard and get one, but the blazers are rusted out (from Michigan salt...)and have been sent to the shredder.:-(

Thanks,

Nick

kensfj40

Nick I believe you want Part # 36-0782. rear window clutch. Make sure to check the channels that the window runs up and down in, if the felt is messed up you will just break another part. The window should move up easily with no binding.

jacksmad1

Nick, one of my "ears" was broken off too...that is why I bought the crank assembly. I also replaced my locks at the same time in all my doors and ignition. I like being the only person with a key to my M1009.

NICK_M1009

Here is where I got mine:

It is chrome, but I just sanded mine and shot it with flat black. Works for me.

Rear Window Crank for 1984 Blazer
Thanks.. I got one to and primered it black. But thats not the parts I need.

Nick I believe you want Part # 36-0782. rear window clutch. Make sure to check the channels that the window runs up and down in, if the felt is messed up you will just break another part. The window should move up easily with no binding.
Thanks. Where is that part # located? I am using a pair of pliers now to operate the window and there is no binding. Felt looks good on the rails but I could use some weather stripping on both sides of the window.

Nick, one of my "ears" was broken off too...that is why I bought the crank assembly. I also replaced my locks at the same time in all my doors and ignition. I like being the only person with a key to my M1009.
Where did you get that crank assembly at? I would like to change the locks, but it'll have to be later I'm short on cash.

HighAltitude

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone located a diagram of how the lock cylinder, spring, pawl, and clutch reassemble? My M1009 came without any of these parts intact, so I haven't seen these parts assembled. Can't seem to figure out how the pawl fits in between the lock cylinder and the clutch. Of course, the back of my crank is also broken...waiting on a new one of those. Maybe the missing/broken piece of the crank is why I can't see how the pawl will be captive and engage the clutch(?). Any tips and insight will be quite welcome!

ranchhopper

LMC usually has the exploded views of most assemblies look on their website in their online catalog it is a good reference guide to chevy trucks. I used to buy from them but have found places thet sell OEM parts much better quality and fit the trade off is higher cost but Im willing to pay it for the quality. Try grumpys truck parts I buy some small things from them shipping is cheaper. LMCs shipping costs on small items is outrageous because their shipping cost is based on how much the total on your invoice is.

justinwregier

Has anyone located a diagram of how the lock cylinder, spring, pawl, and clutch reassemble? My M1009 came without any of these parts intact, so I haven't seen these parts assembled. Can't seem to figure out how the pawl fits in between the lock cylinder and the clutch. Of course, the back of my crank is also broken...waiting on a new one of those. Maybe the missing/broken piece of the crank is why I can't see how the pawl will be captive and engage the clutch(?). Any tips and insight will be quite welcome!
I just installed the entire rear window crank kit from LMC this year, maybe a month ago at most, and all the parts in the section for the rear window crank are what is needed. I ended up with chrome, due to a lack of inventory at the time I ordered but it doesnt bother me. Of items 1-7 you can do with out 2 if your rubber seal is still good. I havent tried to mix and match the LMC with the original since my old crank was toast but maybe it would work?

There is a bit of a puzzle to combine the components, but they will fit and work. The key that comes with the set is nice to have also which helped me with assembly of the unit. I had more trouble with my tailgate reassembly than the rear crank, but thats due to how nasty my M1009s seals are...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks