• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear window crank problems

GPW661

when i tried to crank up the window....the crank handle just spins and feels like its not grabbing any thing for the window to go up and down?? Please help

suggsdr

Check the lock see if its unlock.Then take cover off check for missing broke parts I am sure you can get all the parts you need from LMC.Do a search on here tons of info on the tail gate.I am sure you find what you need.:grd:

Last edited:

mistaken1

As others have pointed out it's either unlocked or broken.

Welcome to wonderful world of GM design where they put a large movable window in the middle of a truck tailgate.

SGT Estum

Crawl over the back seat with a phillips screwdriver. There are about 15 screws holding a cover in place on the center ~2/3 of the tailgate. You'll have to take that off and do some exploring to figure out if you've got a broken clutch or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks