• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Window Handle

Pballer71

This morning when i went to roll down my back window the handle to roll the back window snapped off. It get jammed sometimes so when i went to roll it down i had to give it some force no but the whole handle assembly ended up breaking off. I don't know where to start on how to fix this the studs the handle was attached to have a bolt behind them so i was thinking if i took the back tailgate panel off i could just get a wrench back there but i feel like the window gears would be in the way. My other choice was welding it back on which i dont think would work to well at all. What should i do? Is there a place i could order a new handle assembly?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear handle issue is a known problem with the GM products. The gears and most of the handles and made from pot metal. Very weak.

We have discussed this many times on this site.

LMC truck is one source for new units. Most don't last long.

natemccabe

I went two years opeing the rear window with pliers. Finally got aroung to ordering the crank from LMC and fixed the clutch piece with a little picture haning nail. Seems to be holding up so far, we'll see what happend when the window freezes shut this winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks