• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuild Date?

WSm925a2

Yeah, seems to be the case for me. Besides CTIS and the alternator pulley, truck does start right up and runs seemingly good.. Didn't try winch yet.

Katavic918

Guess I got a lesson, I paid $15k for it. Received it a week ago and just now really started to dig in. Yesterday the pulley on the alternator fell apart,hoping my local alternator/starter shop can replace it, I pulled alternator today to take in for repair.
Don't feel bad, we all do it sometimes. I overpaid on my deuce a little bit also.

WSm925a2

Don't feel bad, we all do it sometimes. I overpaid on my deuce a little bit also.
Well, my guy seller said the spare was brand new, even sent me pictures of the little rubber nubs on the tires, turns out he switched it out to a used tire before my carrier picked up the vehicle.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my guy seller said the spare was brand new, even sent me pictures of the little rubber nubs on the tires, turns out he switched it out to a used tire before my carrier picked up the vehicle.
That alone would have made me angry and should be discussed with the seller.

Katavic918

Screw it. We all end up putting way way more money into an mv than well ever get out of it. Hind site is 20\20 just keep moving ahead. But yeah, I would be a little ticked about the tire.

JohnnyBM931A2

You live and you learn. Next time you'll know to be more careful, and also to hold them to the pictures that they took of the vehicle. That's why I always prefer to buy vehicles in person.

Last edited:

Smckerigan

Well I have seen different tags on trucks and it's really hard to know what was done with them. Looks like the military doesn't keep computer records in a data base about what kind of repairs have been done. I got a m925a2 from Riley this spring and it's a great truck with some small issues . I noticed a rebuild tag on the left side of the block and It looks like some major engine work was done. image.jpg

Smckerigan

I was a 63b and I still have friends here at the local national guard shop and they told me that you have to go back the the unit that it was issued to to find repair records or a floppy disk that might be in the truck. It's not like buying a ford or Chevy that you can go to any dealership and they can give you a break down by vin number.

MtnSnow

If your motor was rebuilt/Overhauled you should find a tag such as this:
MotorTag.jpg
If the transmission is replaced/rebuilt it too should have a tag showing when it was done.

ghettoct

unfortunately the seller is a member here...i made a 440 mile round trip to see it and was excited about the pics he sent, yet when i arrived Helen Keller could have seen the night and day differences. what made me spooked was he was 2K higher in price once i got there, and the truck was in worse condition than the pics. id bet the pics were 2 years old. been talking to wsm925a2 and he is a pretty straight up guy.

Somebody needs to get called out over that. Not cool at all.

MtnSnow

It is located on the Passenger side by the starter. (the starter will partially block/cover the tag depending on what angle you are looking from)

lindsey97

unfortunately the seller is a member here...i made a 440 mile round trip to see it and was excited about the pics he sent, yet when i arrived Helen Keller could have seen the night and day differences. what made me spooked was he was 2K higher in price once i got there, and the truck was in worse condition than the pics. id bet the pics were 2 years old. been talking to wsm925a2 and he is a pretty straight up guy.
How does the seller being a member here affect anything at all? If the truck was misrepresented to the buyer, then I could care less what the buyer is a member of.

One bad apple is all it takes................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks