• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuild generator?

Macanie

Are the individual components available to rebuild a generator for M35A2 ? Does it even make sense money wise to do so? Our local alternator/starter rebuilder can't get the parts I need, but thinks it may be too expensive anyway. Thoughts?
Thanks, Rick

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Front line has some of the regulators. For $100, I can get a new regulator from them, and slap it on. Or I can get a good used takeout for $100. The one I 'rebuilt' might have other issues, and the 'good take out' might die in a week.

It's a carp shoot.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you said generator, do you mean alternator? either one is easy to o/h shop around for parts, i have seen regulators on ebay for $5. any competant shop should be able to do it as parts are easy to get, but having it done for you will be $$$$. find someone near you that knows what to do. and be sure it is bad before you start..........

Scarecrow1

A local shop should be able to rebuild it at a fair price , just don't act like you don't have anyother options . I had a grease ball try to double the cost just because he said ( you don't find these anymore) I said you want to bet and ask could I use his computer ......He got the Idea . I think it was quite reasonable ....:wink:

Macanie

Ok, thanks guys. I bought a take-out last week and it worked fine, I just thought I would rebuild the old one and put it on the shelf for future use since we are using 4 M35A2's in our operation. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks again for the info,
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks