• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuild kit starter

kcbbqguru

Don't waste your time, search e-bay for a gear reduction starter, you can get a "new" one for less than $100, it is a much better unit than the stock one

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
who has a rebuild kit for the 6.2 starter? 24V thanks

You need to tell us what type of starter it is.

Old style direct drive or new style gear reduction. If you change types of starters you also need to purchase/install the correct support bracket.

There can be many issues with the starter so I recommend taking it to a starter/alternator rebuild shop. Thye have the proper tools for testing.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where can I find the bracket for the gear reduction starter?
From your local GM dealer. The part number has been listed many times before. You many be able to read the number from the above picture. GM 22502557

It is not in the tech manual for the CUCV. It may be listed in the HUMVEE manuals, but I have never checked.

Last edited:

mr.travo

Thanks Warthog! I was looking through my manuals and didn't see it, that's why I asked. I will check it out and repost the PN on here so others can search it out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Warthog! I was looking through my manuals and didn't see it, that's why I asked. I will check it out and repost the PN on here so others can search it out.

I've posted it many times and in the above post. If you do find it in the HUMVEE manual, list the manual number and the figure number.

chevymike

As for the GR bracket, I actually called a local Chevy dealer and they had one in stock. You might try starting with your local dealer. All I did was to have them check stock on that part number. Never even gave them a discription, just the number.