• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuild the engine or swap the bed to a 900?

greenmountainmarine

Hi all, So its looking like the trust 817 has covid and cracked a liner. The debate Im having is this. Currently I have the heads off and all the parts to put them back on but dont have a cylinder kit. Do I order a cylinder kit and go that route? Or do I call it quits on the 800, I have a EXCELLENT condition 900 flat bed, how much pain and effort would it take to swap the dump body from the older truck on to the new one?

Thoughts and options encouraged.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More work than an overhaul! Did you find a failed liner? I was just peeking at your coolant explosion thread.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd stick with the M817. You might be able to find a good take out for a reasonable price. I used to see them available from time to time. Moving the bed to a M923/M925 won't work very well IMHO. The bed is made for the shorter WB trucks, like a tractor. Even then, the cab protector won't be tall enough to clear the exhaust and air intake.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
For the price, I would buy a 290, 300, 350 or even a 400 and do the mods to support a turbo and if your donor engine has jakes you’ve just performed enough upgrades to improve value of the truck by 4000 alone. The wheezing 250 is a throw away engine in the military world. They even lack piston cooler nozzles making egts a bigger issue in an already non turbo engine.

Checkout Nelsonstudios videos and dump that engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks