• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilding/Cleaning injectors and…

DaneGer21

I picked up (6) injectors that have a rebuild date of ‘68, then sat unused. All (6) had stuck needles in the nozzles. I have noticed that (3) of the nozzles are German, and the other (3) are US. Both have the same “two-hole/port” diameter size, BUT, the needles inside the nozzles are different styles.

Will mix matching nozzles matter or be an issues on the same engine? (Since the needles are different they cannot be interchanged between nozzles)

I will post a pic shortly…

rustystud

Usually you should stay with the same style and manufacturer when switching out injectors. Since it is becoming harder to find a new/good used set of six injectors you might just have to mix and match. That being said, you must make sure they have the same size injection holes, and put out the same volume of fluid. Hopefully the same spray pattern too. Very important on the MultiFuel engine. You will need to look-up the serial numbers of the individual injectors to find out this information. I only use complete sets when changing out my injectors. I send out the used ones to be rebuilt and recalibrated. That way I always have a set reading to go back in. A set that is all the same and calibrated to give me the same power per cylinder. No misfiring or out of balance power in my engine.

DaneGer21

Nozzle holes are the same diameter, those are marked on the nozzles tips, so good to go there. As for quantity of fuel. I guess I’ll have to check that when on the tester.

When I picked them up, I couldn’t tell the difference until I had them apart. Size, shape, two-hole diameter, all the same, EXCEPT the needle. I had no way to tell since they were all visibly the same, even the same hole size printed on the tips

Thanks

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually you should stay with the same style and manufacturer when switching out injectors. Since it is becoming harder to find a new/good used set of six injectors you might just have to mix and match. That being said, you must make sure they have the same size injection holes, and put out the same volume of fluid. Hopefully the same spray pattern too. Very important on the MultiFuel engine. You will need to look-up the serial numbers of the individual injectors to find out this information. I only use complete sets when changing out my injectors. I send out the used ones to be rebuilt and recalibrated. That way I always have a set reading to go back in. A set that is all the same and calibrated to give me the same power per cylinder. No misfiring or out of balance power in my engine.
Where do you send the MF injectors for rebuild / recalibration? I have called a few shops including one that rebuilt my injection pump and none of them work on the MF injectors.

rustystud

Where do you send the MF injectors for rebuild / recalibration? I have called a few shops including one that rebuilt my injection pump and none of them work on the MF injectors.
In Ballard (part of Seattle) there are several Machine Shops that take care of the Alaskan fishing fleet. They can do everything including complete overhauls of any diesel engine. I take my diesel engines heads to one in particular on Shilsoe Avenue to get machined flat and have valve jobs done. They also can Spin Test my Turbo's after I rebuild them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks