• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuilding th400 hd

OLD chevy

im currently in the process of rebuilding my m1009 transmission. i just ordered the ss kit from monster transsmion, waiting for it to get in. but i took apart my tranny about a month ago and dont really remember how it goes back together, can i just order a th400 rebuild book or does it have to be a special hd book? also i bought the rebuild kit saying it was for a 400 not 400 hd? dont really think itll make too much of a diff but im jus wondering if anyone could solve this prob be4 i get ahead of myself... thanks

fredster67a

I have a friend who had pulled his th400 from his M1008 and dropped it off at a transmission shop for a rebuild. He mentioned that the shop used Allison transmission parts wherever possible. I know from what I read in Diesel Power, Diesel World, and Diesel Tech as well as from some of my friends that have various brands of diesels, that the Allison transmissions seem to be more heavy duty and last longer between rebuilds - long story short just thought i would throw that out as a thought about the parts kits you are considering- btw i'm originally from east Islip on LI - great place to be in the summer. Good luck with the rebuild.