• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt air pack why wont brakes release?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Opening the rear service line brakes release and work fine. So I'm guessing the dang$#@ airpack is still the issue. It's probably me not the airpack. May take it off again and clean and lube a little more.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ajax MD

I have no advice but I'm following with interest. When looking at the contents of an airpack rebuild kit, I see a lot of little, fiddly bits.
I think this is one of those tasks that rank as "not difficult, but requires attention to detail." I'm following with interest.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled the valve side apart still on the truck and. Everything is in order, in the right place and lubed. Just cant figure it out.

Jakelc15

Kinda guessing but take the line off of the double check valve on the back of the can. The one that goes to the frame. That line should have went to the front gladhand and be vented to atmosphere.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The little stem connected to the diaphragm in the valve system had a little corrosion. 00 wool and lube was the only difference. So I either blew something out with the service valve open or the gremlin causing the issue took a break. Didn't work yesterday but this morning everything was working fine. Drove it about ten miles of ranch roads and no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks