• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt injector pumps - maybe

Boreal21

I could be wrong, but I don't think the OP is related to the site in any way. He just found a deal on something that comes up in discussion here often and thought he'd pass along some good info?

kwhopper

Bought one from them for 375 shipped. no core charge comes w a 1 year warr. hope this helps a few of u. since the local pump shop wanted 550 to build mine...... ill let yall kno how good a deal it really is once i get it and install it, and test it, chris

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It''s basicly a free ad for a vendor , the site expects vendors to pay for there ads to offset the costs of operating the site .
this is from the rules;

Vendors are not allowed to post pricing information in forum posts. That is considered solicitation.

wether they do or you it's the same 2cents

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....sigh i could use one but dont have thowing money like that ..... ya life sucks without a job ............:x

Boreal21

It''s basicly a free ad for a vendor , the site expects vendors to pay for there ads to offset the costs of operating the site .
this is from the rules;

Vendors are not allowed to post pricing information in forum posts. That is considered solicitation.

So what is the difference between this thread and post #2 in this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/salvage-yard-info/68284-m1008.html#post822856

Edit: Just saw the pricing thing. So if the OP removed the price from the title then he'd be ok?

OL AG '89

NOT a GREAT DEAL

Bought one from them for 375 shipped. no core charge comes w a 1 year warr. hope this helps a few of u. since the local pump shop wanted 550 to build mine...... ill let yall kno how good a deal it really is once i get it and install it, and test it, chris
I just visited the site, price is different AND they DO charge a core FEE...
I've been considering getting a spare, but mine are curently doing the job, don't want to send in a semi-functioning pump in just for the heck of it....
I need to buy a couple scrapper motors for the core parts to build up spares inventory....

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is from the rules;

Generally I agree with you on the "No for sale ads" post but there are exceptions. It does not appear the OP is selling anything and the "vendor" doesn't appear to be someone who would be approaching the admins looking to buy an ad (could be wrong there but now the admins know where he is and could always approach HIM to buy space). This post does not appear to be a "solicitation" but merely informational on an item that many people are looking for. If the OP had listed the title as "I found a great deal on IPs" instead of listing the price I don't think there would have been any doubt that it was within the guidelines.

One of the purposes of this site is to help people with their MVs. If this gets another CUCV out of the driveway for a VERY reasonable price then so be it.

And just as a friendly aside, you might want to stop yelling "Get Off the Grass" so much. You're getting a reputation.

Last edited:

SmokeyDod

To MKCOEN: I agree with you whole heartily. This guy was just trying to pass on some information that could very well help out many on this site, then along comes MR "JONES who don't seem to be a "administrator", "moderator" or any other kind of "ator" except for maybe "agitator". It's become like some people just try to read every post and see if he can something wrong whether it be grammar, puncutation, spelling or posting procedure.
There's other people that's assigned to do this. Let them do their job.

I do hope that one day MR JONES has a unique problem with his MV and that the guy who he basically called a liar or whatever, knows the exact and simple way to solve his problem, just ignores his post. Most likely the guy will not be around this site due to members of this mentality. That's how I feel about it.....

AceHigh

I agree with the above. A few months ago I posted some info on where to get M116 brake parts, another time I posted where to get ebrake dash lights and switches. We have to be able to help each other!

Thanks to the OP, even though I can only use that pump for a coffee table decoration. Keep up the good work. :beer:

lavarok

AS mention already, they do charge a CORE fee.

Right from the horse's mouth (website) : "Plus a core-charge of $75.00 dollars if core is not received within 30 days of purchase."

You gave them your credit card number right? Well, you better send that core or you'll have a surprise charge later.

I don't think this is a *smokin* deal. I do think it is reasonable.

Bighurt

For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!
Why don't I direct your attention to those individuals with *For Sale* listed after a vehicle in their signature...

Surely the intentions of posting a source and and posting an ad in your signature are different, yet one goes completely disregarded.

Or why not delete threads within the realm of repainting that mention Gillespie paint procured from Rapco, another product placement ad.

I wonder how many visitors Eastern Surplus had after the "thanks to Eastern Surplus thread"....I bet they made at least one sale...product placement ad.

I can empathize with the mods that we need to police ourselves but you are turning this into a police state.

I mean my thread on trucks out of Sparta was deleted from the preview/inspection forum, if that was deleted what is the point of the that forum anyways? Never linked or mentioned GL or dates, yet I was discussing future sales...

kwhopper

i ordered one today, if you order a heavy duty application,I.E. Jcode there is no core charge. just tryin to help others in the quest for an IP if this thread is not allowed im sorry. I thought that we were here to help eachother. just passin on my findings with this vendor so others can make a decision between rebuilding theirs and buying one ready to go.....

Cucvnut

I don't see anything wrong with this post. and yes i agree this place is becoming a police state due to some peoples attitude's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks