• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt M1009 Drive Shaft to Long

Sergeant1983

This was retubed and balanced w new front end that goes into trans replaced too for $258. Without the front replaced it would have been $154. I measured and max distance w old yoke in trans is abt 30 1/2. So 29 1/2 may be correct. Guess I should of measured it prior to dropping it off.IMG_6058.JPG

Last edited:

cucvrus

Drive shafts are usually measured center to center on the joint ends.
Well with a slip joint that sure will vary. I will measure weld to weld on the rear prop shaft and then we can go from there. But I can measure the rear U joint center to front U joint center if you want. I will post pretty pictures of my new propeller shaft. Give me till this evening. I am not at home at the moment. Duty calls. Have a great day and stay dry.

cucvrus

DSCF2677.jpg26" weld to weld. 29 1/2" center to center on the yoke. But I think you should be good to go. DSCF2675.jpgI hope that helped. I had one made for a spare. Cuts down on the down time when plowing or wheeling. I don't believe all that crap about the 10 bolts being junk. I have used them hard and had great luck with them. Everything has a breaking point but the key is to know what it is an don't push it past that point. Good Luck. Let me know if you need any more help. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks