• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recap on "cold weather starting"

TehTDK

I am not fond of block heaters as such as they need to be plugged in to an outlet to work. On the other hand I am loving the Edelbrächer engine heaters with timers. They will basically run off your fuel tank and keep your engine block warm and make sure your oil, coolant etc is up to operating temperature when you start the engine and that you cabin is nice and cosy, while a block heater only heats the coolant and thus is not perfect as it still takes some time for that coolant to actually heat the rest of the engine apart from the engine block.

Furthermore you don't have to plug it in as it runs off your trucks batteries.

lstmate

If you search Amazon for Zerostart 860-1046 it should come up. Tonight the price was $47.45 plus $9.54 shipping. Looks like the actual dealer is The Diesel Store.
Pretty sure I have one under the Christmas tree waiting for the 25th to get here.

lakeydna

Webasto engine heater or similar type heaters are worth it. No plug in required for when your in the bush or just to far for a cord, you can turn them on while your idling or driving to help keep the heat up.

joesco

Hope to install a recently purchased Zerostart 1500 block heater in my Bobbed M931A1. Now for the dumb question...... My ac outlet is about 100' from the truck. Are there any issues with running the block heater on a 100' extension cord? I would think a 12/3 wire gauge would suffice?? Thanks!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks