Receiver Hitch Mount

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

LT67

The 86 M1008 will need a rear receiver hitch. The heaviest load it'll have to pull is a tandem axle 20ft trailer with a 5500lb tractor on it. Are Draw-Tite units the best or is there a better option?

CivilEGR

Tagging in to see what you end up going with. I could dump the spare tire, but I'd like to keep the pintle.

LT67

Tagging in to see what you end up going with. I could dump the spare tire, but I'd like to keep the pintle.
I'll probably drop the spare tire mount and put a heavy duty Draw-Tite unit in there. My 85 M1008 has one and it works just fine...

chevymike

Too bad you guys are not local to me. I am going to be pulling off the hitch that was installed on my M1010. Would let it go cheap but not worth trying to ship.

sweetk30

x2 on B&W massive quality and they stand behind there products . i have installed a lot of there turn over hitch setups .

not so impressed with the level of fit / finish and overall quality anymore with the other brands listed above .

NWM1008

I installed a draw Tite 41938 and regret it. The 2x2 to tubing where ball & pin slides in is very loose. It rattles constantly and drives me nuts!

fitz

Does anyone have the B&W part # they used?
Were you able to keep the D ring shackle mounts without modifying them?
thanks.

cruzer747

I installed a draw Tite 41938 and regret it. The 2x2 to tubing where ball & pin slides in is very loose. It rattles constantly and drives me nuts!
For your sanity try gluing (sikaflex adhesive or other good void filling adhesive) some stainless shimstock in there. You want a little slop so using the hitch as a clamp put a few layers of masking tape on there when gluing the shim, drill it out where needed (from the other side so you do not delaminate it in the process.

I would say add some metal to the hitch but then you make a fatter than normal hitch.

86m1028

Does anyone have the B&W part # they used?
Were you able to keep the D ring shackle mounts without modifying them?
thanks.
I will have to look for the part #.

No, you will have to modify the d ring mounts to keep them.