• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Receiver Hitch

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the setup Wehring did for his. I think it's a pretty good looking arrangement and plan to steal the idea if I get the M1078 I want.

LMTV Reciever Hitch.jpg

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a hitch for a Ford F250/350. Had to cut 2 inches(I think) out and re weld. It is several inches below the military hitch and pulls most trailers level.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son and I fab'd this hitch up last summer. We pulled some pretty heavy rv's and boats thru deep beach sand at one of our lakes here in NM. We were also able to to still pull our M105 with all the camping gear with no issues!

IMG_20151125_103151602.jpg
IMG_20151125_103340545_HDR.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the setup Wehring did for his. I think it's a pretty good looking arrangement and plan to steal the idea if I get the M1078 I want.

View attachment 605077
I like your use of the existing Pintle to engage the dangling Lunette. Do you have any photos of the attachment points where the diagonal braces attach to the frame??
My guess is that they are Pinned attachment points to make the whole assembly detachable and therefore stowable. Thanks.
John

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your use of the existing Pintle to engage the dangling Lunette. Do you have any photos of the attachment points where the diagonal braces attach to the frame??
My guess is that they are Pinned attachment points to make the whole assembly detachable and therefore stowable. Thanks.
John
Not mine. This was done by Justin Wehring (user ID wehring) for this unit before going on the MVPA Convoy last year. He also has a setup to hook a gooseneck trailer to it.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone built a standard receiver hitch for their truck? Pictures? I've a boat that needs towing.
My son and I built and tested this hitch last IMG_20151125_103151602.jpgIMG_20151125_103340545_HDR.jpg Sumner! My son saw a weak point on most of these hitches being built! U NEED A Brace behind hitch!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks