• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Receiving a Title from GL in Florida?

renovate7

I've done a search and read a lot of posts on titleing. Has anyone received a title from GL in Florida? Do they HAVE to provide a title, since they have a dealers license? How long are SF97's taking? Is it easier to just go thru one of the Alabama title houses? Any current info appreciated.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be patient. If you are a FL resident and the truck was sold from a FL location, you will recieve a title in your name. I'd get on the horn with them and remind them that FL law requires this and to go pound sand in reference to the $60 fee. If they withhold the title they are in violation of their license to sell in FL.

FormerNewMVGuy

I live in NJ and GL sends NJ residents florida titles,Because the DMV here wont except sf97's, It took about 60 days for me to recieve my title.But it was worth the wait!

ida34

I know it is illegal to sell any vehicle in Michigan without providing a title(even a scrap vehicle needs a scrap title) but I don't think they have a dealer license here. That kind of takes away the motivation of loosing a license.

Coveralls

I have not received a title from GL having filed it in Nov and one every month since then. They know they have the monopoly on this, and there is nothing much you can do to them about it. The county I live in has a $25. wheel tax per vehicle ,so I am not protesting to loudly.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an M35A2 through GL back in February of 2007. When I finally went to get the truck in Vermont, in April '07, everything went fairly went fairly smooth. That is, until I went to the Ohio BMV. They wanted a title or Form 97. When I asked for a Form 97 from GL, GL told me that it was a, "title-less sale." There was NO title or Form 97. I explained that Ohio wanted one or the other. GL then "created" a FLORIDA title for me. Why a Florida title, I don't know, but it was mailed to me in fairly short order. I went to the Ohio BMV and they smiled, stapled, stamped, signed, took my $$, and gave me a fresh title for my truck. [thumbzup]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
They completed the title wrong and then after I sent it back, lost the wrong title and wouldn't issue me a new one until they found it (although they kept accusing me of never returning it). When they finally uncovered it, it was nearly two months later. Then they said it would be another 2 weeks while they processed a corrected title at which time I got pretty bent out of shape and unload a huge string of explitives at the idiot who screwed up. At week 3 I ended up filing a congressional complaint against DLA (since they are the COR for GL) and within a week I had my corrected title. I consider my experience as a bad extreme, at least I would hope so.

weldergonecrazy

93 days!!!! That is how long it took GL to issue me my title for a M1008 I purchased from an auction in Pensacola. I was unaware of the "Florida title" issue, and thought I would get a SF97 form. 60 days after I initially applied for the form, it finally came...or so I thought...what I got was a letter explaining that all vehicles sold from Florida sites would have a title issued from GL. In addition to this letter was another title application form, which I had to fill out and send back to GL. It was over four weeks before I recieved my title!!! I was unaware of the requirement for them to issue a title within 30 days of the paid in full date. When you call GL, I would suggest you remind them of this law, and hopefully your experience will be a little less aggravating.

renovate7

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to call GL tomorrow, nicely, and try to get the ball rolling on a title. My EUC has been in Battle Creek for 3 weeks.