• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent auction choices

Bdhminnesota

What is your opinion of the recent 998 stock the last few weds? I got very lucky with a 998 where every thing was in tip top shape back In June. Tried buying another one again Recently but haven't been impressed. Hope to see some nice ones come up again under $9,000.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe they are just trying to sell inventory? I mean, that's what companies do...I'm sure it's a conspiracy, it has to be.
in the end...when all the bad ones are gone, they will start to auction off all the brand new ones never issued for $1000.00....I can't wait!

oboyjohn

If they would start selling at that low of a price, I would love to buy one. But because I am Canadian and they sell with an ECU, good luck at that. But one can dream....

Jakob1944

I think they are trying to clean house.
I live right out the gate at Ft. Hood aka. "The Hood" and most of my neighbors are active duty or retired Mil, like myself......After seeing the Ft Hood offers I would say most of the Hmmwv's here are bring backs....Most of the troops and their equipment have been over there in "The Sand Box" (as they say) at least 2 or 3 times....These Hummers are "War Vets" so when you scan the pix look close and read the condition description......

My perception is if it is sand colored it's been there....if its camouflage it's probably a Garrison or National Guard truck and hasn't left the US let alone the state.....Again that's my opinion......

Last edited:

Jakob1944

Maybe they are just trying to sell inventory? I mean, that's what companies do...I'm sure it's a conspiracy, it has to be.
in the end...when all the bad ones are gone, they will start to auction off all the brand new ones never issued for $1000.00....I can't wait!
Yep, They are buying newer machines that are really, really armored up and are getting rid of the worst ones first, at least in my AO.....
The one's offered are excess or damaged ones.....some are sold because of age, that's why you can find new components on an old machine.....

RoosterJ

End to end it's a money train with tiny margins along the way (taxes, logistics, carriers, salvage, NOS parts, etc.). Controlling the supply is part of their business models...and winter is coming after all. My September purchase was delivered last week and it's better (IMHO) than my June purchase and a lot less...even had good Hawkers. Perhaps the bottom line starts to fall off at the end of summer? Dunno, I don't have the data they do. I would say know what you want and keep watching, more are in the pipeline:

http://www.constructionequipmentgui...-third-year-with-dla-contract-extension/30956

The Richie Bros. acquisition of IronPlanet is supposed to go final in the spring too. Wonder what changes that brings.