• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent hangar reorg puts toys in the sunshine....

rhinob

Cleaning out the hangar recently to reorganize for new projects and thought I'd share some of the photos with you all.....

Attachments

waayfast

DANG! OK, I give-----what are the flying machines??? Camo looks like a Fiesler Storch but kinda different and the yellow---ya got me!:-D

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice setup...I am 20 min from you in Va on a grass strip. (Va62) Are you just east of FDK? I think I have flow over your strip!

L999here

....beautiful hanger...

Would sell a kidney...maybe even indentured servitude...to have that great hanger...!!! Of course,the MV's arn't nothing to sneer at either....LOL. We all have something the other guy would also like to have.....but we just wern't at the right place at the right time. Nice collection.....!!!

rhinob

DANG! OK, I give-----what are the flying machines??? Camo looks like a Fiesler Storch but kinda different and the yellow---ya got me!:-D
Ok, the yellow bird is a Z-37 Cmelak (Bumble Bee) Czech utility plane and the storch looking bird is actually an L-60SF Brigadyr which is a post-war version of the storch built by the same factory that built the war-time version.

The Z-37 will be a PZL.43 Karas replica when I'm finished. Very modern for the time, the Polish air force essentially created a StuKa before the Germans did.

rhinob

Nice setup...I am 20 min from you in Va on a grass strip. (Va62) Are you just east of FDK? I think I have flow over your strip!
Yes, but there are two of us. I'm the southern strip, Burhans Memorial Airport (3MD0). We're right at the 4 mile 45 for downwind 23. Should make life interesting when they finish that tower at FDK!

rhinob

Would sell a kidney...maybe even indentured servitude...to have that great hanger...!!! Of course,the MV's arn't nothing to sneer at either....LOL. We all have something the other guy would also like to have.....but we just wern't at the right place at the right time. Nice collection.....!!!
Yeah, isn't that the truth. Must always appreciate the bits we do have....Thanks!

rhinob

Love that Brigadyr. That thing has to fly very low and slow.
What are the takeoff and landing numbers?

Take off roll: 100-200'
Take off Speed: 30 mph
Landing roll: 150-200'
Landing Speed: 25 mph

The numbers are the same as the original, but this aircraft hauls 400 more pounds and weighs 600 more pounds.

Below is what I'm building the yellow plane into. I can't help but think that the Czechs borrowed some lines from the Poles on this one. Seems like a natural conversion.

You'll note that the plane is also in German colors. This is the color scheme used when captured PZL.43's were tested at Rechlin. Ultimately, they were given to the Romanians and fought next to the Germans in the east.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks