• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recent MEP Auctions

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And here I have a trailer mounted 002A that I can't even get $1100 for. Unfortunately I didn't have it locally when Harvey went through last year and looks like the Atlantic is quiet this year.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it wouldnt cost an arm and a leg to get it up here, that machine would be worth over 2500 here in new england.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 8k and 10k both use the same engine. That fuel burn doesn't suck for an engine that can do over 10kw of power.

At 50% of prime power rating (~5.5kw) the stated fuel burn is 1.7lph. That is less than a MEP802 under the same load conditions.

boxer4luvr

I'm not knocking the unit at all... and perhaps I misread the info. What I see stated for the 403D-11G is 9.3 kWm @ 1500 rev/min.
I really just wanted to see what sort of fuel consumption one would find from a brand new unit with bells and whistles and newest technology, etc.
At an entry point of ~$6500 I guess I was expecting better fuel consumption... but perhaps that's a reflection of my own ignorance. I guess the Btu factor for a gallon of diesel remains the same... or thereabouts. Their website mentions that one of the biggest influencing factors as one scales up is the cooling fan and water pump.

Thanks again for all the info guys!