• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recentered PLS Trailer wheels for the deuce

junker42

Say Young Gun I have a question for you. If it's your trade secret or something forget it but did you have to machine any material out of the center of the HEMTT wheel so the deuce bolt pattern would fit through without any interfearance. I have the equipment to machine the centers but my lathe/mill is not big enough for the wheels if I find some I can aford. Again it's cool if you don't want to answer. Thanks

YOUNG GUN

The wheels I recentered are actually Oshkosh PLS Trailer wheels, NOT HEMMT wheels.
I was mistaken myself at first because the 2-piece type pictured look very similar to HEMMT style.

The PLS wheels actually work better than the HEMMT IMHO, because you don't have to modify the wheels in any way if you make the plate how I did, and you can securely bolt them together instead of welding.

I could be wrong about the HEMMT wheels, but I do believe they have to be modified.

YOUNG GUN

Yes, the pilot hole diameter of the HEMTT wheel is 8.75", while the Deuce hub flange is 11" O.D.

G.
The HEMTT pilot is the deuce bolt pattern C-C, they would certainly need to be modified.
The PLS wheel pilot hole is barely big enough to fit over the deuce hub flange, so they are a perfect fit.

I've read many of your posts Gringeltaube, and you seem to be EXTREMELY knowledgeable about all the different wheels.
So, which is correct... HEMMT or HEMTT ?

Thanks

Nevermind, maybe that was a stupid question, but I think I've seen it both ways.
It's HEMTT.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck.......

(Thanks for comments but I only know that I don't know much...:smile:)

G.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I come down to Pacific City regularly but haven't seen a deuce. I suppose it is camouflaged and just blends in with the greenery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks