recently won from GSA...an M63A2!

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

steelcaptain

yes, I know these are an extended frame version of the M39 trucks and very excited to make this one into a combination crane, dump, rollback rig much like the M54A2 I used to have. will need to add the hydraulics like I did on my last truck so if anyone has one of the adapters to take power off the back of the transfercase, I would appreciate the consideration otherwise I might convert the winch to hydraulic drive and use the gearbox PTO to drive a hydraulic pump. PTO driven winches are a pain in the patoot to use!

A1QSCI18030719.jpg

red

Why not use a double sided transmission PTO and use the rear output for a hydraulic pump? Or are the pump requirements too much for that PTO to handle.

steelcaptain

Why not use a double sided transmission PTO and use the rear output for a hydraulic pump? Or are the pump requirements too much for that PTO to handle.
that is also an option but I still think converting the old Garwood winch to hydraulic drive the better one

steelcaptain

also want to mention that I just picked up an 8500# HIAB knuckle crane today to mount on this newest truck and looking for a 20' rollback flatbed should anyone know where one might be sitting for sale. already have a hydr. winch for the fladbed should it not come with one

yes, I know these are an extended frame version of the M39 trucks and very excited to make this one into a combination crane, dump, rollback rig much like the M54A2 I used to have. will need to add the hydraulics like I did on my last truck so if anyone has one of the adapters to take power off the back of the transfercase, I would appreciate the consideration otherwise I might convert the winch to hydraulic drive and use the gearbox PTO to drive a hydraulic pump. PTO driven winches are a pain in the patoot to use!

View attachment 715308
I had seen that auction offering and hoped that a SteelSoldier would snag it and save it. Congratulations!

It's good to hear that you have big plans for such a worthy old MV.

Carry on.

steelcaptain

good grief...when it rains get off low lying land because a wall of water is a commin

won this one today at GovPlanet!

1079267_6002_160_0001.jpg

so as of this moment I have an M925A1, an M63A2 and now an M818...

too many trucks and not enough money...such a plight to suffer!

Last edited:

162tcat

good grief...when it rains get off low lying land because a wall of water is a commin

won this one today at GovPlanet!

View attachment 715879

so as of this moment I have an M925A1, an M63A2 and now an M818...

too many trucks and not enough money...such a plight to suffer!
I was watching that one today. Looks like a solid truck! The fleet expands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelcaptain

more photos of the M63A2...one very happy surprise is that the truck already has a clutchable PTO off the transfercase so my hydr. pump installation will be a piece of pie!

20180119_090227.jpg20180119_090205.jpg20180119_092518.jpg20180119_092412.jpg