• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rechargeable air filter

JawSaw

has any one hooked up a k&n type air filter to there m35a2 looks like it could be hooked to inlet to turbo after removing original air filter if so what filter part no.

Last edited by a moderator:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil soaked type filters can pass large amounts of fine dust if not serviced frequently. I would not use one of those on my truck. That service interval is determined by dust loading. So on a long drive on dusty roads, it is possible to have to stop midway to service the filter or pass dust. I live and drive in the desert so we have lots of dust.

There are washable dry alternatives that are a better option for an off-road vehicle, in my opinion. K&N and AFE, among others have these. These have a specific filtering capability and will represent a flow restriction as they accumulate dirt. But then, I just described how the stock filter was engineered to work from the get go:)