• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommend Durable Seat Cover?

KamikazeKunze

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation for a quality bucket seat cover for my M1010?
i just did the dash and will install my carpet kit this weekend, but it’s going to get hot soon and the thought of sitting on a vinyl seat this summer doesn’t sound pleasant.
There is so much junk out there that I thought I’d start here first unlike what I did with my dash.....LOL

thanks all

cucvrus

Use them seat covers only if you like the smell of oiled canvas and don't mind your clothing getting dirty with what ever black/green slime it is that comes off of the oiled canvas. I bought a few new pairs from a dealer back in the mid 90's and they were dirty and smelled of old tent canvas. Which is what they are. I even had the OD canvas dash covers. They were a cool idea but they sun rotted in 2 years. I would recommend getting the seat reupholstered in matching cloth/vinyl. IMHO. Others are entitled to other options. Have a great day.

Mg84648

I'm pretty sure Jatonka took the surplus covers you mention and duplicated them so they shouldn't smell like an old Army tent. However, I can attest to Rick's point that if you do purchase the surplus covers they WILL come dirty and smell of mildew and an old tent. I bought surplus set last summer and I washed them will dish soap and a stiff bristle brush in the drive way to knock the oil and dirt off them. Then washed them on hot/heavy cycle twice and they STILL smell pretty strong to this day.
I don't mind the smell, in fact most people who look at the truck mention that "it even smells like the Army" inside:tank:
You'll prolly be ok with Jatonka's stuff but if you buy surplus covers, like Rick said don't be surprised when you get them.

KamikazeKunze

Thank you all for the added input.
I just want a durable barrier between my darriere and the vinyl come summer. In addition my seats are in really good shape so I thought I’d preserve that for a bit as well.
I’ll continue the hunt. :-D

searls84

I've ordered seat covers, arctic grill covers, winch covers and other canvas items from jatonka. Nothing I have received has smelled or soiled anything. In my opinion, everything I have purchased from him has been an excellent quality reproduction and have held up for going on 6 years in the harsh, dry, 100 degree desert climate.

Ilikemtb999

I've ordered seat covers, arctic grill covers, winch covers and other canvas items from jatonka. Nothing I have received has smelled or soiled anything. In my opinion, everything I have purchased from him has been an excellent quality reproduction and have held up for going on 6 years in the harsh, dry, 100 degree desert climate.
This is why I suggested him as everything he recreates is excellent quality but some here are quick to jump in with misinformation that isn’t relevant to his products.

Ilikemtb999

Use them seat covers only if you like the smell of oiled canvas and don't mind your clothing getting dirty with what ever black/green slime it is that comes off of the oiled canvas. I bought a few new pairs from a dealer back in the mid 90's and they were dirty and smelled of old tent canvas. Which is what they are. I even had the OD canvas dash covers. They were a cool idea but they sun rotted in 2 years. I would recommend getting the seat reupholstered in matching cloth/vinyl. IMHO. Others are entitled to other options. Have a great day.
You are 100% incorrect on Jatonka seat covers, sir.

URSATDX

I recently bought Jatonkas seat covers
Winch cover and chain covers.
His products are the best and he is a
Great person to deal with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with John before you order. M1010 bucket seats are wider at the top than M1009 seats. They really are quite a bit different.

KamikazeKunze

I was surprised how good it fit. It’s just setting in there now. I need to figure how I want to mount it. I thought about using bar stock or channel and link it to the inner mounts for the existing seats.......i’ll Let you all know how it goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks