• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommend me a m1009 12v Starter

Hiram

I am about to embark on a 12v conversion, and was wondering aside from the chi-com rebuilt autoparts store starters. Has anyone found a more robust 12v model for the CUCV?

Thanks

Hiram

dependable

Find a NOS or rebuilt Delco Remy, the gear reduction ones usually give better service after being rebuilt. Or buy two imports for the same price and have a spare. The ones from Taiwan are generally better than the mainland ones. The imported ones are usually new and no core is required. 27mt is the original, 28mt is the gear reduction, if i remember correctly. Both are available in 12v and 24v, so make sure you order the one you want.

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

i agree with dependable. i had a few of those over seas started. one didnt even make it a year. need to replace another one. pull yours out. rebuild it. my m1009 has had the same 24v stock starter since 2002