• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recommend us a rally!

m880 unimog

gidday, sure would be good to attend a few rally,s/meets this year-big or small-all good-
my brother and i are coming over from england , and will be in utah/nevada racing at speedweek-then we have a month of touring around-
we,ll be in AZ , CA , NV , WY , CO , UT

speedweek ends 17th aug. any of you guys know of any MV meets?

-im on a plane in a few hours so cant look it up right away.

regards to all MV personel

P.J.
#1980 A/F 1350

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are still here in the colonies, the Ga rally can't be beat. Lots of vehicles, lots of good people, more fun then you can shake a stick at in a month of Sundays.
Starts Oct 11-14 2012. Some of use will be at the pre rally, which starts on the 5th of Oct. Durham town Off road park, be there or be square.:mrgreen::driver:

zout

Just have to throw this at you.

If you think Speedweek is awesome - you are missing a link in the chain of FUN evolution.

You should make arrangement for however you can to make it to the 2012 Georgia Rally at the Duramtown Plantation. Not only will the MV's overdose you on excitement - the Duramtown facilty is a multitude of two and 4 wheeler extravaganza - YES they rent equip to make the trails.

If you want to see them buggers jump two wheelers 30 feet in the air doing loops - this is the place. If you want to watch professional 4 wheels run to the ultimate limit on their professional courses - this is the place.

Hitching an MV ride to the trails is a MUST night or day.

Awesome MKT chow - comradre to surpass anything you will see at Speedweek (yes I have been there) and these folks are a bar no NONE.

You will have to leave and have the feeling like you are being detached from your family for another year.

Throwing this at you to ponder and see if you can arrange your travel plans. There is plenty to help you out if folks are in the know you are coming.

You will not be disappointed.

Besides all this - you should see when I really get excited about an event.

See ya there

jw4x4

Too bad the SSGR12 doesn't fit their time frame. Last year, "G" flew in from Central America and enjoyed the rally immensely. I got him to go on a night time trail ride in my M1009. He loved it and it was great to swap stories.

m880 unimog

hey-thanks for all the suggestions guys-you sure know how to sell a guy!
speedweek IS awesome-im there to race ,i will be talking with my bro about GA , i have heard nothing but good things from many sources about this rally.
we have a show in england that was good with over 3000 vehicles these days-but its just got too big and all the health/safety b-s has ruined it for me-
if we dont make a rally we hope to hook up with some of the guys from here who have been really helpful in sourcing parts-
have a great summer guys-
p.j.

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Northwest Mogfest, August 16, 17, 18, and 19, Sheridan, Oregon. That might fit right in to your schedule!

NorthWest MogFest

There will probably be about 100 Unimogs, Pinzgauers, Halflingers, many other European military and offroad vehicles, and a couple hundred kindred spirits. Well worth the effort to attend.

Bob

mactiredearg

Not exactly a rally but still cool:
Rocky Mountain Airshow on August 24, 25 and 26th at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport. They have a good lineup this year including an F-22 Raptor demo.
The Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado (MVCC) will have an encampment at the airshow. Its our largest display of the year. We'll have a large assortment of vehicles including a good variety of deuces and 5 tons, Gama goat, the clubs weasel, WWII jeeps and command cars, a fully working WWII weather station truck, a full Korean era MASH setup, and (rumor has it) a Stuart tank, plus more.
Our club will be camping out on one of the grass areas between taxi ways. The club's MKT will be setup and feeding us and several groups of reenactors who embed with us for the show.
We hang out and generally have a great time...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not exactly a rally but still cool:
Rocky Mountain Airshow on August 24, 25 and 26th at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport. They have a good lineup this year including an F-22 Raptor demo.
The Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado (MVCC) will have an encampment at the airshow. Its our largest display of the year. We'll have a large assortment of vehicles including a good variety of deuces and 5 tons, Gama goat, the clubs weasel, WWII jeeps and command cars, a fully working WWII weather station truck, a full Korean era MASH setup, and (rumor has it) a Stuart tank, plus more.
Our club will be camping out on one of the grass areas between taxi ways. The club's MKT will be setup and feeding us and several groups of reenactors who embed with us for the show.
We hang out and generally have a great time...
That was the one I was talking about!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks