• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommended tire pressure

Tried do to a bit of research but didn't really find a "complete" answer

I just got my hands on some 24 non-paired bolt rims, with a set of Goodyear MT on their way, and I was wondering what the ideal tire pressure would be once I go on about installing them on my M998

Keep in mind that I'll mainly go on hard roads, by "mainly" I mean 99,9% of the time, and that 0,1% will be the lightest of offroad
The only thing that I know for sure is that Max PSI is 50

Any advice and clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much does your truck weigh?

My truck is about 7500 lbs and I run around 30psi on BFG Baja Load Range D

You might be better at 20 or 25psi depending on what your truck weighs.

Here is a method for figuring out what works best for you

How much does your truck weigh?

My truck is about 7500 lbs and I run around 30psi on BFG Baja Load Range D

You might be better at 20 or 25psi depending on what your truck weighs.

Here is a method for figuring out what works best for you

Curb weight should be 5200lbs and Gross weight 7700lbs if I'm not wrong, it's a standard M998A0 with soft top and soft doors

Just keep in mind these wheels are tires are designed to have runflats installed which keep the bead on. If you go without runflats and have low tire pressure you could lose a bead.
This is another thing that I was wondering about, excluding the possibility of a air leak, I should be fine running those at a high enough pressure without runflats or beadlock inserts, right?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went a little higher with my 24 bolt MTRs as it helped smooth out the vibrations of the tires. Made it ride a little stiffer but this truck will never be looked upon as comfy anyway. I had a tiny leak in one of my tires and found it would go down to less than 10psi before you notice the tire is low. I ended up getting those little tire monitors that go on the tire valve. When at greater psi than rated it will stay in the green and go to red when below the set pressure. Great little gadget.

Mark

51GZEtJMKJL.jpg

williamh

I went a little higher with my 24 bolt MTRs as it helped smooth out the vibrations of the tires. Made it ride a little stiffer but this truck will never be looked upon as comfy anyway. I had a tiny leak in one of my tires and found it would go down to less than 10psi before you notice the tire is low. I ended up getting those little tire monitors that go on the tire valve. When at greater psi than rated it will stay in the green and go to red when below the set pressure. Great little gadget.

Mark

View attachment 897780
If your gonna do show n tell you should include a link 😉

I’m having a little trouble finding them for some reason.