• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reconfigured CUCV front end with Infa-Red light

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea
Havent seen that before.
i personally would have left slave port where it was and put light underneath.

Any pics of the install?

Looks like passanger BO light was painted over

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pretty sure he is running one of the newer LED BO lights and just looks painted over. Btw where did you wire the IR to?
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Duh, I am pretty sure the "passengers side" should have been the big clue! It was my former Army training kicking in, BO drive light = BO Light , BO marker= BO guide, light or cat's eye.
Anyways did you end up putting an LED BO drive light on it, I got some for my MV's at GA last fall as they were going for what I thought was a cheap price.

amgeneral72

Good idea
Havent seen that before.
i personally would have left slave port where it was and put light underneath.

Any pics of the install?

Looks like passanger BO light was painted over

At first I mocked it up with the light on the bottom, but after moving some stuff around I liked this look better. The slave port was easy I just turned it over and re bolted it in place. I did have to make a small bracket to secure the bottom to the rad support, but that only took a few minutes. And I didn't take any pics.

Oh and that is just the masking tape still on the BO light.

amgeneral72

Duh, I am pretty sure the "passengers side" should have been the big clue! It was my former Army training kicking in, BO drive light = BO Light , BO marker= BO guide, light or cat's eye.
Anyways did you end up putting an LED BO drive light on it, I got some for my MV's at GA last fall as they were going for what I thought was a cheap price.
Did you take a look at those LED BO headlights that we all bought? They won't work on the older stuff. The pattern is different for the screw holes. They will work on the newer 9 series 5 tons. Well one worked on mine. They will also work on a bicycle with a 9 volt battery.

IMG_1870.jpg

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being me, I had to know what it would have looked like without moving the slave port from the normal position, so a couple of minutes in Paint, and...

I think amg72 got it right the way he did it, looks much more balanced, and aesthetically pleasing. Down low would still work, but looks kinda weird. Just my 2cents

Cheers

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes
I was talking about the BO light on the bumper.

I do like the idea a lot
Just stands out more with the slave port moved.
Agree that it would look weird with the light below slave port

If I had NVGs, that mod would be a must do!

amgeneral72

Pretty sure he is running one of the newer LED BO lights and just looks painted over. Btw where did you wire the IR to?
I haven't wired it to a switch yet. I figured I would wire it into a factory CUCV service / drive light switch since they have two power positions and a off position. Up for high & down for low. Will probably mount the switch with a label in the blank plate to the right of the steering wheel.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Two would be be too much

The one is just right and looks factory.
Nice and balanced where it is

I've changed my mind

I like it a lot

Now.......lets see....$10k for a set of ANVIS 9's or another 5 ton or two CUCV's ????

gottaluvit

The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Two would be be too much

The one is just right and looks factory.
Nice and balanced where it is

I've changed my mind

I like it a lot

Now.......lets see....$10k for a set of ANVIS 9's or another 5 ton or two CUCV's ????
I was thinking one for each powered MV I have. I think a generation back NVGs only cost about $4k.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks