• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recoverd 2 trailers

Rattlehead

I wonder if you would have disconnected the steering linkage on the deuce if it would have tracked ok? I haven't heard of anyone in this hobby having to do so, though. The only thing I have towbarred so far was that Chevy C-60, and the front end would NOT track at all until I disconnected the pitman arm. Then it tracked great. Now, trying to get it backed into my gravel driveway, even with someone trying to steer it, was another story!

Lane, you gonna make a camper out of one of those trailers?

citizensoldier

I only bought one m146 an its for storage right now. I pulled all the extra crap out of it, wired in the lights and its already about 1/4 full of junk.. I am not sure what Daves plans are for his? The M119 has a decent frame under it so I can see a pintle hitch on the back already! Maybe increase the train for the next show?
I am not sure what the deal was on towing that deuce. I towed a red Curtiss Wright deuce home and it tracked very good.. But I have talked with others and they tracked like crap so maybe every truck has its own thoughts on the matter. Neither one of us was sure the boom would clear the trailers on our wreckers using the dolly or thats what we would have done.. I need to try it here at home and see how much room I have for future reference.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
citizensoldier said:
FMJ said:
Hey Lane, what size are the XL's on the tan Deuce? 12.5R20's?

Ed
12.5/20 is the tire size. A little bigger than 900's and and not as tall as the 1100's. They seem to have enough room between the doubles but I have not really loaded it yet. After the hub flip and single job I wont have that to worry about anyway.
You know where I can find a bow kit and a three color camo cover for it? Hint, hint, hint,,,.... :lol:
I have no idea where you could pick up a bow and three color cover....... ;)

Lane I'd let you have one, but I need them for my 3 trucks that don't have covers.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ said:
citizensoldier said:
FMJ said:
Hey Lane, what size are the XL's on the tan Deuce? 12.5R20's?

Ed
12.5/20 is the tire size. A little bigger than 900's and and not as tall as the 1100's. They seem to have enough room between the doubles but I have not really loaded it yet. After the hub flip and single job I wont have that to worry about anyway.
You know where I can find a bow kit and a three color camo cover for it? Hint, hint, hint,,,.... :lol:
I have no idea where you could pick up a bow kit and three color cover....... ;)

Lane I'd let you have one, but I need them for my 3 trucks that don't have covers.

citizensoldier

Not a big deal at all just needed to ask.. One of them you have probably came off this truck! Hhehehehehe.. Well I could use a set of bows and cover for this truck if anyone out there has some to sell. Just getting the word out. I need to let the credit card sit for a week or two.. The wife made smores over it last night while she was letting me have it about my ODD purchases.. But I will be back!!! aua :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, I've found that older trucks track better, wonder if they have a bit more + camber. I also towed a deuce sans engine from DSCC and it would stick in the turns and not straighten up. The solution for that was to take a few turns off the steering box adjuster and it worked fine. Bjorn, I passed 10,000 the other day but Mike deleted a bunch of my posts so it went back down.

citizensoldier

Hey Kenny I need to find or build a set up like you have for your 5th wheel plate. I wonder how that would tow with the front end of a truck on the dolly? She would track better then. As long as we had a wrecker on both ends of the trip it should work..LOL..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very Nice Recovery David:

I really like dollys I know Adam used mine to get his trailer but I missed any post on that recovery being in transit with our M818 and heading to and from home now I am back in Korea and trying to read all the emails I missed...

citizensoldier

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Very Nice Recovery David:

I really like dollys I know Adam used mine to get his trailer but I missed any post on that recovery being in transit with our M818 and heading to and from home now I am back in Korea and trying to read all the emails I missed...
What am I chopped liver? :D :D :D :D :D :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks