• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovered my m1009 from fort mccoy

bronconut

i went down to fort mccoy today and picked up my m1009 i won back in april. mike from gl is a terrific person to deal with, if only there were more like him we would all be better off. any way went down with truck and trailer just in case, but man did she run great, drove her three hours home not even a hickup. this thing was well maintained, new shocks, new oil pan, newer tires, trans serviced, and it came with a mil issue first aid kit, which is full, here are just a couple pics, more to come.

Attachments

67_C-30

Very nice!

Its funny that you mention the shocks, because one of the first things I noticed when I as looking my M1009 over at GL lot was the brand spanking new shocks. The whole underside of the truck was dusty and dirty, but the shocks were just gleaming.

mgramann

i went down to fort mccoy today and picked up my m1009 i won back in april. mike from gl is a terrific person to deal with, if only there were more like him we would all be better off. any way went down with truck and trailer just in case, but man did she run great, drove her three hours home not even a hickup. this thing was well maintained, new shocks, new oil pan, newer tires, trans serviced, and it came with a mil issue first aid kit, which is full, here are just a couple pics, more to come.
I actually spoke with Mike yesterday, as I plan to pick up my M1009 tomorrow or Friday. I won mine in late April as well-we must have been bidding on the same "batch"

It's good to hear they are in decent shape!

mgramann

Bronconut, what part of the state are you from? Nice looking truck.

Iola is this weekend, maybe we'll see you or mgramann there.
Sadly, I won't be there. Family party, and I'll be spending the weekend devoted to the CUCV.

I'm in Waukesha, but spend most weekends in Mountain, WI. The drive back and forth is the reason I got the CUCV. Mileage and alternative fuel options seem pretty good for this vehicle. I just hope mine runs as good as Bronconuts!

mgramann

Don't get me wrong, I like my CUCV's, but they are closer to a horse than a luxury vehicle.
OK-I was worried your concern was the reliability or handling.

Comfort isn't something I worry about too much. I have a lifted cherokee with mud tires that sing the entire way up. I figure some carpet, sound deadening stuff, and a good exhaust will help make the ride more tolerable.

bronconut

im from pierce county, and i also can not go, ill be down in lacrosse working for the next couple weeks. when driving the 1009 home i could not belive how much quieter it is then my 1008 .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks