• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery for Sheriff's Office

narc20

We went to Letterkenny Army Depot and recovered these two M1009's through the 1033 or LESO program. Towed one, drove one. Had no major issues but noticed the rear seal on the transer case of the one I drove was leaking. Tailgate and rear axle were spotted pretty bad. We plan on getting one more and an older F350 next week. Going to get the local high school auto body and auto mechanics shop classes to give em some work and put in service as winter and natural disaster patrol/response vehicles. We had a **** of a winter here last year and could have used some more 4wd's. During a flood we had a few years ago even the 4wd's (civilian ones) had trouble the first day or so. The price is right (free) and they will give the students some good experience. I'll post some more as they progress.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, LESO is an excellent resource and not enough agencies take advantage of it! Good work.

Maverick1701

nice!!!
I am really jealous!!!

Our paperwork is processing as we speak....they say we should be good to go w/LESO by early next week...oh man I cant wait.

narc20

Thought I'd post an update. Couldnt get any of the auto body programs at the schools to help out. Too many dents to pull out of the drivers ed car I guess. Anyway, I made a deal with our maintanance shop, if I did the grunt work they would spray them. Well I think I'm ready to take it to them tomorrow.

I did the sanding, some rust conversion and primer to keep it from coming back before I can get the whole thing sealed with good primer. The extent of my body work was to take off the door panels, reach inside and pop out the forklift dents. Went better than I thought it would. I think we are going to use a roll on bedliner on the floor.

The last pic is a donor car that I plan on using the lights, siren, etc. Some drunk ran a stop sign and pulled in front of a Deputy who T boned him. Kamikaze DUI patrol, the latest thing in law enforcement. ;) The Deputy got a little banged up and the drunk is in the clink after some staples in his head at the hospital. (Staples were from the wreck, not us)

HPIM0567.jpg

HPIM0569.jpg

HPIM0570.jpg

HPIM0571.jpg

HPIM0561.jpg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I'd post an update. Couldnt get any of the auto body programs at the schools to help out. Too many dents to pull out of the drivers ed car I guess. Anyway, I made a deal with our maintanance shop, if I did the grunt work they would spray them. Well I think I'm ready to take it to them tomorrow.

I did the sanding, some rust conversion and primer to keep it from coming back before I can get the whole thing sealed with good primer. The extent of my body work was to take off the door panels, reach inside and pop out the forklift dents. Went better than I thought it would. I think we are going to use a roll on bedliner on the floor.

The last pic is a donor car that I plan on using the lights, siren, etc. Some drunk ran a stop sign and pulled in front of a Deputy who T boned him. Kamikaze DUI patrol, the latest thing in law enforcement. ;) The Deputy got a little banged up and the drunk is in the clink after some staples in his head at the hospital. (Staples were from the wreck, not us)

View attachment 234755

View attachment 234756

View attachment 234757

View attachment 234758

View attachment 234759
There is a guy on SteelSoldiers, N3UKA, who has some LE light bars. He knows that he cannot legally mount them. They were in a lot of other items that he bought. I am sure he'd sell them assuming he still has them.

Nice looking trucks, by the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks