• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovery for the other green addiction

Atwater

here is a pic of my 08 getting ready to tow home a JD 12a combine that had been setting in the barn behind it for about the last forty years. greased the hubs, aired up the tires and drove the 40 mi home.:shock: (more pics tomorrow, ran out of light)
Anybody else have this 'other' green addiction?

Attachments

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, Atwater, that combine looks like its ready for harvest! It sure looks good in the pics anyway. What an elegant swoop to the back of the combine. What are your plans?

My addiction is for old cars. I have a 1960 Studebaker Lark Wagon and my Father-in-law traded for a '49 Plymouth for us to work on. Farm stuff is cool, and with my last name being Chalmers, well......

Rick

Atwater

1951 i think

hey we all have our problems:-D

so far looks like it mostly needs maintenance type stuff and possibly one of the canvases. at this point i am planning on getting it usable by wheat time next year. beyond that we will have to see. storage is the main issue.

the old Cadillac seemed rather ruff, fellow indicated it was sold, i wish i had gotten pics of some of the other equipment too, just ran out of time Saturday :(

12vctd

I like the old Deere stuff, and honestly I guess my problem with Deere is the people who know nothing about farm equipment running around with a brand name..... But honestly anything used on the farm I like

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks