• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery from Purgatory

Pawnshop

That IS a very nice trailer, does it have surge brakes?

I am glad you survived the trip, I rode up to OKC to get a M105 and look at Pinky and then drove Pinky back, all in one day (800mi round trip), THAT is on my list of things never to do again!

You didn't know that GM went all metric in the early 80's? (My 1982 S-10 was all metric), learning that bit of info is even better than the trailer for it will really save your ass someday when you are in a real bind and not 500yd from a Autokrap.

Sam R

dirtyfingernails

Good story. You should write a book. I know you were frustrated, but it seemed to me you had some good luck the entire way. Breaking down within a half mile of a parts store. FINDING some parts that actually fit, fixing it and getting home. Nice story though! and nice trailer too.

Srjeeper

mkcoen,

Thanks for shareing your recovery tale, ya just gotta keep in mind 'AAA is our friend'! It may not have been as much fun for the homeless guy, but I'm sure you'd have had a better time of it.

Glad ya made it home OK....[thumbzup]

crazyplowboy

Great looking trailer, and thanks for the story. Reading your reflection of your recovery helps me realize that I'm not the only one that stuff like that happens to.

area52

Glad you made it!

and it IS better to have a friend along to share in the expieriance.
I dont know how many times Lane talked me out of shooting the M819 and sticking my thumb out! It has been my problem child.

I will gladly relieve you of that "problem child" anytime you want to turn it loose!!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks