• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

recovery of my new USAF CUCV (sort of) rally mobile

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have been looking for one of these for a while, there was a flock of them on GSA and took the plunge. Was out bid on my first choice so got this one blind(one picture on listing), running condition and mileage unknown due to dead battery, 400 miles away. My buddy since Jr high lives about 30 miles away from the GSA site, so got up at 04 and drove down to Arkansas. Made it to the site by 2 after picking Dave up. I had checked and gotten new battery before leaving for a 97 C3500. Guys at the site were friendly and after signing in took us to the truck and we went to work checking everything you could check. Pulled the dead battery out put the new one in and wammo, 38000 miles plus 6.5 turbo!! Turned the key and instantly fired up not a whiff of smoke. Found it's maintenance records under the passenger seat and the original certificate origin as transfered to the Air Force from Carter Chevy in OKC and Grumman. It spend it's military life at Tinker Field till April 2012 when it was transferred to DRMO Hooks. Records show it had new Firestone's put on in Jan 2012. After a short road test in the GSA lot it was off to U-Haul for a tow dolly and the trip to Dave's house. Dave collects a little higher end stuff than I do and the items taking to the air were photoed in the back yard. Also a couple shots of his skin off restoration he is doing. Got up this am and drove home, truck ran great going through the Ozarks. All I have to do now is figure out what color to paint it. Oh and for AF registration guys it was 97B02889.014.jpg013.jpg015.jpg006.jpg001.jpg007.jpg008.jpg011.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing will haul some balogna!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks