• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of new M35A2C from Tinker AFB in OK

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a "special box" under the bed for the Bow Mid-Sections? If so, could you post up some pics showing that detail?? Thanks.
No problem. The truck is at my brothers while I work on fixing the brake issue. I plan on going back up there next weekend and I will get some photos.

They seem to just be laying across the frame below the bed. I didn't really look to see what prevented them from sliding in and out, but will take some photos and post them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only number I have to go by is 1040-10443 stamped on the frame by the drivers side front wheel. I assume this is my VIN or S/N for this truck. All other numbers have been ground off and then sprayed over. :(

I think my Deuce was a secret agent during her past military service. :razz:

Strange that they would grind off the serial number from the datat plate.

The VIN looks correct.

The Unit number may be painted on the doors or the front/rear bumper (looking at the bumper it may be on the right hand side) If there is new paint on the bumper, you may be able to lightly sand the paint off to reviel the numbers.

Also on the Blue Tag on the dash, there may be a delivery/warranty date. Post some close-ups of these areas and we may see something you dont.

Here are some pics of an AF Deuce I picked up at Tinker a couple of years ago.

It is an 1987

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Strange that they would grind off the serial number from the datat plate.

The VIN looks correct.

The Unit number may be painted on the doors or the front/rear bumper (looking at the bumper it may be on the right hand side) If there is new paint on the bumper, you may be able to lightly sand the paint off to reviel the numbers.

Also on the Blue Tag on the dash, there may be a delivery date. Post some close-ups of these areas and we may see something you dont.
The bumpers have been ground and painted where the unit info was located, so no chance there.

My photo of the Blue Tag isn't good enough to read. I will see if I can get my brother to take a picture and send it to me.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like you found yourself an interesting truck and the video was epic, glad your brother Rambo didn't blow a tire like I did.:p
My brother is very skilled at driving trucks. :driver:

More pictures, doesn't look like the Blue warranty helps (me) much. Also asked my brother to take a picture of the Bows underneath the bed for Cold Warrior.

Attachments

91W350

Interesting, Mine had been assigned to Tinker at one time. The data plate is missing that has the VIN. The numbers were roughly ground off of the rear bumper and painted over. My spare tire pawl has safety wire wrapped around it too!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks