• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery trip # 4

AMGeneral

Well folks,Cabell,myself and a buddy of mine are leaving at 8 am in the morning to go pick up Cabell's M813,My new(to me)M62A1 wrecker and my M54A1 cargo that I purchased from Aera 52.It's not looking like the weather is gonna cooperate with us as the forecast is calling for showers Thurs and Sat and thunderstorms on Friday.Rest assured I have the camera charged and someone just to take pics.

AMGeneral

The M54 is the one Bill W owned and still resides at his house(for now) and I believe it has sprag issues or a stuck selector vale in the trans,doesn't matter though it's gonna be towed behind the 813 first then the M62 for the remainder of the trip home.

Bill W

"are you going to pull the front drive shaft"

That depends!, If I get home early enough I'll pull it and the rear for AM GEN.
Brakes work, air to trans is disconnected and plugged, spare parts are loaded in the bed ( for 3 months now), am going to check/fill diffs and charge up the camera! [thumbzup]

Bill W

UPDATE
OK
Cabell and Brandon got here about 5:45pm we did all the salutations then finished prepping the 54A1. Cabell said they were a little delayed picking up his 5 Ton at Ft Gillam and getting it running but said it ran great the 45 miles down to my place. They tow barred the 54 up to Cabells 5 ton and pulled out about 7:00pm and I believe are now heading up to Clints then tomorrow they go to AL BAMA to pick up Brandons M-62A1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess ie it was too dark for pics Bill? Seems as if Clinto is running the Steel Soldiers Hotel. Clinto, post up when they get there.

Bill W

Sorry Kenny
It went right out of my head BUT Cabell did take a few even though it was dark so he'll have some once he gets back

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Brandon, Cabel and friend just dropped off the 813 and the M54A1 in my yard. The 813 sounds healthy and they seem to be in good spirits. They are going to get some food and a room somewhere nearby (Winder/Athens). I have offered my assistance in any capacity should they need it, but they are pretty resourceful, I doubt they'll need me.

They're gonna' head towards Alabama tomorrow to recover Brandon's M62A1. I should see them sometime tomorrow night.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry David, but I am at work. I took a shot in the dark last night but it wasn't that good. I will post something when I get home.

FrankUSMC

I just talked to Garbee and his "nomads of the road". They are just getting back on the road, after paying or picking up another truck. They are in the state of Alabama......just in case any one wants to get there kids and dogs inside..
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Can a post this exciting really go this long without pictures? I mean even a picture of your Mopar sitting in your garage would satisfy that picture lust..
This pic was just recently posted! It is only a representation and has nothing to do with this post. Maybe it will hold you over until an actual photo relevant to this post is posted(it worked in it's original post).

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont think David can visit webshots. That is way too funny! (I'm still laughing) rofl
Here is Bill's pic from the link above.

Attachments