• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recycled oil

joshuak

Beyond biodiesel, my pleasure. Glad it offered another possible answer to the the question stated by the OP, which was an interesting approach I thought. I also look forward to trying this method, see what we can come up with. I agree that the technology or equipment needed for vacuum distillation might not be readily available to most people, over their head... not so much, where there is a will there is way.

Coping Warthog's signature "We are all born ignorant.....but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

Beyond Biodiesel

Beyond biodiesel, my pleasure. Glad it offered another possible answer to the the question stated by the OP, which was an interesting approach I thought. I also look forward to trying this method, see what we can come up with.
I think acid processing is worth looking into, because distillation is dangerous and complicated; but I think it should be done on a small scale because, hot hydrocarbons plus H2SO4 could go ballistic.

You might take note that I was banned from the diesel stop forum for advocating blending gasoline with waste oils. Now there are so many people doing it that it has been almost a year since I was banned from a diesel forum for advocating blending gasoline with waste oils. In fact the last diesel forum I was banned from, is owned by the same person who banned me from the diesel stop.
I agree that the technology or equipment needed for vacuum distillation might not be readily available to most people, over their head... not so much, where there is a will there is way.
I started working on the vacuum distillation of WMO almost 3 years ago. Here is a link to my work: http://beyondbiodiesel.org/forum/index.php/topic,92.0.html
Coping Warthog's signature "We are all born ignorant.....but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin
I like the signature, and completely agree. Maybe the person who owns the diesel stop has been working "hard to remain stupid."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks