• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Barn Customs L.L.C

timass1

First I did a search on Red Barn Customs L.L.C and nothing came up. Soo I just recently purchased some 14.5x20 tires that came off a m35a3 was looking for aftermarket rims. I came accross this wedsite and they have custom rims. My question to all is has anyone purchased these and if so what was the quality and second how was the service. The price seems reasonable and I am looking for input. Also if anyone has info on the correct offset for useinf supersingles WITHOUT FLIPPING THE REAR HUBS would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and mayby this will be a new source for rims.

timass1

I did a search on SS for Red Barn Customs L.L.C to see if anyone else had dealt with these rims to see if they were worth looking into. The price seemed to be reasonable.

timass1

it looks like the 175.00 price is for the those monster trucks when you see them on the trailer without the larger tires they use for thier normal operation.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............. Also if anyone has info on the correct offset for useinf supersingles WITHOUT FLIPPING THE REAR HUBS would be appreciated.......
20x11", 1/2" center, 1 pc MPT style, reversible (= same track width front-rear, W/rear hubs flipped or not) ...........

G.

Attachments

timass1

Thanks Gringletaube for the drawing, I assume the backspacing is the 8.25 in. measurement. Again thanks and I would love to see more pics of your rig. The avatar pic doesn't do it justice.

timass1

Yep, but almost every super single I see says that and you still see them out on the road. I just want to see what options are out there for mounting these 14.5x20 other than the a3 rims which would mean me flipping the rear hubs. Which I rather not do for the reason I'm looking for a wider track do to the fact of the m109 is kind of top heavy and I want to maintain what little stability I can muster from a one piece rim.

timass1

I've been looking and from what I can make out the two piece rims are looking like a contender first the cost and second the fact that I can mount the tires myself. The only thing is I don't want to flip my rear hubs, so I'm curious about reversing these converted hemitt rims on the rear if the bolts holding the two pieces together with hit the brake drums. I don't want to wait too long as it seems the prices are increasing already. Any input and or good source for the hemitt rims? And two piece versus the one piece rims any thoughts?. Ace747 I got your pm but its all about the logistics and the fact I don't need the tires. Nice rims though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check with Roger's Military Surplus. M-series trucks and parts. 1735 Kingsway Drive, Xenia, OH 45385. 937-429-4139 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 937-429-4139 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 937-429-7758 fax. mig21us@siscom.net

timass1

Check with Roger's Military Surplus. M-series trucks and parts.

Thanks for the lead Gimpyrobb, I called him and got prices but I forgot to ask if the rims center had been removed or not. You wouldn't have that info by any chance would you?

timass1

Check with Roger's Military Surplus. M-series trucks and parts.

Thanks for the lead Gimpyrobb, I called him and got prices but I forgot to ask if the rims center had been removed or not. You wouldn't have that info by any chance would you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks